SonicWall Activation Key Info
PLEASE READ THE NOTES BELOW:
- Reinstatement keys must be activated before the 8x5/24x7 support or CGSS key (Reinstatement keys are no longer available to purchase* but can still be used)
- Incorrectly ordered activation keys will only be accepted back with prior authorisation from Sonictek and they MUST be returned within 10 working days of purchase - keys will NOT be accepted for return after this time, or if they have been activated.
- A restocking fee of 15% may be charged for any returned keys.
When renewing SonicWall Support Services (including Dynamic Support 8x5, Dynamic Support 24x7 & Software and Firmware Updates), the current expiry date is extended by the term purchased i.e. 1, 2 or 3 Years.
If your support service has already expired and you purchase a 1 Year subscription, this will mean that the term is reduced because the new subscription is back-dated and starts when the previous one ended. To get around this, SonicWall used to offer Support Reinstatement which could be added before the new support service was activated and therefore retaining the full term purchased. However, SonicWall withdrew the separate Support Reinstatement option in March 2010 and have included it into the 2 Years and 3 Years subscriptions. When activating either a 2 or 3 Years support subscription on an expired product, it will automatically start on the date activated and run for the full 2or 3 Years.
When renewing SonicWall Security Services (including Gateway Anti-Virus/Anti-Spyware/Intrusion Prevention Service, Content Filtering Service, Enforced Client Anti-Virus, Client/Server Anti-Virus, Comprehensive Anti-Spam), the current expiry date is extended by the term purchased i.e. 1, 2 or 3 Years. If the security service has already expired it will start from the date when activated and is not back-dated like support.
Comprehensive Gateway Security Suite (CGSS)
SonicWall Comprehensive Gateway Security Suite includes Support Services & Security Services and the renewals work the same as those above i.e. all gateway security services will start from the time you activate it (or extend the existing subscription if still active), however, the 24x7 Dynamic Support will start when the previous support service expires (or extend if still active). If your dynamic support has already expired you may want to consider adding a 2 or 3 Year CGSS subscription that includes Support Reinstatement and therefore will ensure you have the full term for support.
Global VPN & UTM SSL VPN Client Licenses
Please ensure that when adding either Global VPN Client Licenses or UTM SSL VPN Client Licenses you do not exceed the maximum allowed.
Support Reinstatement Keys (where still applicable)
Any Reinstatement Keys must be activated before the 8x5 or 24x7 support key. (add Reinstatment Keys via Dynamic Support 8x5 or 24x7)
**Warning - be careful when activating Anti Virus keys as you are given 2 options, ADD or RENEW.
Selecting ADD will increase the number of AV users,
Selecting RENEW will increase the length of time that the AV will run for.
If you have selected the wrong option you will need to email customer_support@SonicWall.com for help, or call SonicWalls helpdesk on 0800 028 0488.
Give them the serial number of the SonicWall device and details of the AV activation keys involved plus the number of users and the date it should expire and they will adjust the settings.
Please note that upon registering/activating keys, you are deemed to have accepted them as correct, It is your responsibility to check that you have received the correct product and that you have applied them to the correct SonicWall appliance, because once activated, they cannot be de-activated.
All SonicWall help and documentation can be found at: http://www.SonicWall.com/support
Email Security (TotalSecure)
When adding an Email Security TotalSecure bundle to your appliance you will have 2 options - Upgrade or Renew. Upgrade will increase the user count, whereas Renew will extend the duration of the subscriptions. When activating the TotalSecure you should choose the correct option (Upgrade or Renew) to the Email Protection Subscription (Anti-Spam and Anti-Phishing) which should then update all the other services.
Activating your License through the www.mySonicWall.com Registration Site (preferred method):
- If you have not already done so, create a registration account on the SonicWall products and services registration site located at: www.mySonicWall.com/ (to active Hosted Email Security, please use this specific link)
- Login to your mySonicWall.com account and select the registered SonicWall Appliance to which you wish to apply the upgrade
- Select the service or upgrade to activate from the list of Applicable Services
- When prompted, enter the Activation Key provided above Please register all keys on www.mySonicWall.com - once activated/used they cannot be returned.
Activating your License through the SonicWall Management Interface:
- Login to your SonicWall appliance
- Click System, then Licenses
- In the Manage Security Services Online section, click on the link "To activate , upgrade or renew services, click here".
- If you have not already done so, create a mySonicWall.com account by selecting the appropriate link. Otherwise, enter your mySonicWall.com username and password.
- Select the service or upgrade to activate.
- Enter the activation key provided above.