SOHO Network Security Firewall - Secure Upgrade***
Higher broadband demands high-speed protection.
These affordable firewalls let small businesses and home offices take full advantage of high-speed broadband, without compromising the highly effective protection needed to stop cyberattacks.
The SonicWall Secure Upgrade Plus program recognizes the investments that customers have previously made and helps them maintain optimal security by letting them easily and affordably upgrade or trade-in their existing security appliances.
Customers who purchase the minimum set of subscription services and support (now available in 2- and 3-year terms for maximum flexibility) can save up to 50% on the total annual cost of that solution (compared to the cost of buying the hardware separately with one year of services).
Firewall Product Features
Warranty & Support
|Operating system||SonicOS 5.x / 6.x|
|Security processing cores||2|
|Interfaces||5x1Gbe, 2 USB, 1 Console|
|Single Sign On (SSO) Users||250|
|Access points supported (max)||2|
|Firewall inspection throughput1||300 Mbps|
|Threat Prevention throughput2 (Max Security)||50 Mbps|
|Threat Prevention throughput2,6 (Performance Optimized)||150 Mbps|
|Application inspection throughput2||-|
|IPS throughput2||100 Mbps|
|Anti-malware inspection throughput2||50 Mbps|
|IMIX throughput3||60 Mbps|
|TLS/SSL inspection and decryption throughput (DPI SSL)2||15 Mbps|
|IPSec VPN throughput3||100 Mbps|
|Connections per second||1,800|
|Maximum connections (SPI)||10,000|
|Maximum connections (DPI)||10,000|
|Maximum connections (DPI SSL)||100|
|Site-to-site VPN tunnels||10|
|IPSec VPN clients (maximum)||1 (5)|
|SSL VPN licenses (maximum)||1 (10)|
|Virtual assist bundled (maximum)||-|
|Encryption/authentication||DES, 3DES, AES (128, 192, 256-bit), MD5, SHA-1, Suite B Cryptography|
|Key exchange||Diffie Hellman Groups 1, 2, 5, 14|
|Route-based VPN||RIP, OSPF|
|Certificate support||Verisign, Thawte, Cybertrust, RSA Keon, Entrust and Microsoft CA for Dell SonicWALL-to-Dell SonicWALL VPN, SCEP|
|VPN features||Dead Peer Detection, DHCP Over VPN, IPSec NAT Traversal, Redundant VPN Gateway, Route-based VPN|
|Global VPN client platforms supported||Microsoft® Windows Vista 32/64-bit, Windows 7 32/64-bit, Windows 8.0 32/64-bit, Windows 8.1 32/64-bit|
|NetExtender||Microsoft Windows Vista 32/64-bit, Windows 7, Windows 8.0 32/64-bit, Windows 8.1 32/64-bit, Mac OS X 10.4+, Linux FC3+/Ubuntu 7+/OpenSUSE|
|Mobile Connect||Apple® iOS, Mac OS X, Google® Android™, Kindle Fire, Windows 8.1 (Embedded)|
|Deep Packet Inspection services||Gateway Anti-Virus, Anti-Spyware, Intrusion Prevention, DPI SSL|
|Content Filtering Service (CFS)||HTTP URL, HTTPS IP, keyword and content scanning, Comprehensive filtering based on file types such as ActiveX, Java, Cookies for privacy, allow/forbid lists|
|Comprehensive Anti-Spam Service||Supported|
|Capture Advanced Threat Protection||No|
|IP address assignment||Static, (DHCP, PPPoE, L2TP and PPTP client), Internal DHCP server, DHCP relay|
|NAT modes||1:1, 1:many, many:1, many:many, flexible NAT (overlapping IPs), PAT, transparent mode|
|Routing protocols4||BGP, OSPF, RIPv1/v2, static routes, policy-based routing, multicast|
|QoS||Bandwidth priority, max bandwidth, guaranteed bandwidth, DSCP marking, 802.1e (WMM)|
|Authentication||LDAP (multiple domains), XAUTH/RADIUS, SSO, Novell, internal user database|
|Local user database||150|
|VoIP||Full H.323v1-5, SIP|
|Standards||TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, HTTP, HTTPS, IPSec, ISAKMP/IKE, SNMP, DHCP, PPPoE, L2TP, PPTP, RADIUS, IEEE 802.3|
|Certifications||FIPS 140-2 (with Suite B) Level 2, UC APL, VPNC, IPv6 (Phase 2), ICSA Network Fir ewall, ICSA Anti-virus|
|Certifications pending||Common Criteria NDPP|
|Common Access Card (CAC)||Supported|
|Power supply (W)||24W external|
|Maximum power consumption (W)||6.4 / 11.3|
|Input power||100 to 240 VAC, 50-60 Hz, 1 A|
|Total heat dissipation||21.8 / 38.7 BTU|
|Weight||0.34 kg / 0.75 lbs
0.48 kg / 1.06 lbs
|WEEE weight||0.80 kg / 1.76 lbs
0.94 kg / 2.07 lbs
|Shipping weight||1.20 kg / 2.64 lbs
1.34 kg / 2.95 lbs
|MTBF (Years)||58.9/56.1 (wireless)|
|Environment||32°-105° F (0°-40° C)/-40° to 158° F (-40° to 70° C)|
|Regulatory Model (Wired)||APL31-0B9|
|Major regulatory compliance (Wired Models)||FCC Class B, ICES Class B, CE (EMC, LVD, RoHS), C-Tick, VCCI Class B, UL, cUL, TUV/GS, CB, Mexico CoC by UL, WEEE , REACH, KCC/MSIP|
|Regulatory Model (Wireless)||APL41-0BA|
|Major regulatory compliance (Wireless Models)||FCC Class B, FCC RF ICES Class B, IC RF CE (R&TTE, EMC, LVD, RoHS), RCM, VCCI Class B, MIC/TELEC, UL, cUL, TUV/GS, CB, Mexico CoC by UL, WEEE , REACH|
|Frequency bands5||802.11a: 5.180-5.825 GHz; 802.11b/g: 2.412-2.472 GHz; 802.11n: 2.412-2.472 GHz, 5.180-5.825 GHz|
|Operating Channels||802.11a: US and Canada 12, Europe 11, Japan 4, Singapore 4, Taiwan 4; 802.11b/g: US and Canada 1-11, Europe 1-13, Japan 1-14 (14-802.11b only); 802.11n (2.4 GHz): US and Canada 1-11, Europe 1-13, Japan 1-13; 802.11n (5 GHz): US and Canada 36-48/149-165, Europe 36-48, Japan 36-48, Spain 36-48/52-64|
|Transmit output power||Based on the regulatory domain specified by the system administrator|
|Transmit power control||Supported|
|Data rates supported||802.11a: 6, 9, 12, 18,24, 36, 48, 54 Mbps per channel; 802.11b: 1, 2, 5.5, 11 Mbps per channel; 802.11g: 6, 9, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48, 54 Mbps per channel; 802.11n: 7.2, 14.4, 21.7, 28.9, 43.3, 57.8, 65, 72.2, 15,30, 45, 60, 90, 120, 135, 150 Mbps per channel|
|Modulation technology spectrum||802.11a: Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing (OFDM); 802.11b: Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum (DSSS); 802.11g: Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing (OFDM)/Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum (DSSS); 802.11n: Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing (OFDM)|
- Testing Methodologies: Maximum performance based on RFC 2544 (for firewall). Actual performance may vary depending on network conditions and activated services.
- Threat Prevention/GatewayAV/Anti-Spyware/IPS throughput measured using industry standard Spirent WebAvalanche HTTP performance test and Ixia test tools. Testing done with multiple flows through multiple port pairs. Threat Prevention throughput measured with Gateway AV, Anti-Spyware, IPS and Application Control enabled.
- VPN throughput measured using UDP traffic at 1280 byte packet size adhering to RFC 2544. All specifications, features and availability are subject to change.
- BGP is available only on SonicWall TZ400, TZ500 and TZ600.
- All TZ integrated wireless models can support either 2.4GHz or 5GHz band. For dual-band support, please use SonicWall's wireless access points products (SonicPoints)
- Performance optimized mode can provide significant increases in performance without major impact to threat prevention efficacy.
- Gateway Anti-Virus, Anti-Spyware, Intrusion Prevention and Application Intelligence and Control Service subscription
- Content Filtering Service subscription
- 24x7 Support subscription
At a glance
Gateway Anti-Virus, Anti-Spyware and Intrusion Prevention, Application Intelligence and Control Service
- Real-time gateway anti-virus engine that scans for viruses, worms, Trojans and other Internet threats in real-time.
- Dynamic spyware protection blocks the installation of malicious spyware and disrupts existing spyware communications.
- Powerful intrusion prevention protects against an array of network-based threats such as worms, Trojans and other malicious code.
- Application intelligence and control provides application classification and policy enforcement.
- Dynamically updated signature database for continuous threat protection.
Content Filtering Service (CFS)
- Comprehensive content filtering provides control of internal access to inappropriate, unproductive and potentially illegal web content.
- Website ratings cached locally on SonicWall firewalls make response time to frequently visited sites virtually instantaneous.
- Dynamically updated rating architecture cross-references all requested websites against a database in the cloud containing millions of URLs, IP addresses and domains and then compares each rating to the local policy setting.
- Software and firmware updates and upgrades maintain network security to keep your solution as good as new.
- Around-the-clock access to chat, telephone, email and web-based support for basic configuration and troubleshooting assistance.
- Advance Exchange hardware replacement in the event of failure.
- Annual subscription to SonicWall’s Service Bulletins and access to electronic support tools and moderated discussion groups.
1. SonicWall support subscriptions & renewals
- SonicWall Standard Support for SOHO Series (1 Year) [01-SSC-0694] £62.00
- SonicWall 24x7 Support for SOHO Series (1 Year) [01-SSC-0700] £73.00
2. SonicWall security subscriptions & renewals
- Gateway Anti-Malware and Intrusion Prevention for SonicWall SOHO Series (1 Year) [01-SSC-0670] £93.00
- Content Filtering Service Premium Business Edition for SonicWall SOHO Series (1 Year) [01-SSC-0676] £119.00
- Comprehensive Gateway Security Suite Bundle for SonicWall SOHO Series (1 Year) [01-SSC-0688] £218.00
- Comprehensive Anti-Spam Service for SonicWall SOHO Series (1 Year) [01-SSC-0682] £121.00
3. SonicWall remote access client licences
5. SonicWall centralised management & reporting
- SonicWall GMS 5 Node Software Upgrade [01-SSC-3350] £994.00