TZ400 Network Security Firewall
Higher broadband demands high-speed protection.
These affordable firewalls let small businesses and home offices take full advantage of high-speed broadband, without compromising the highly effective protection needed to stop cyberattacks.
Security can be a strong differentiator. Regardless of the size of your organization, the TZ400 delivers big-business protection. For distributed enterprises with remote offices, all TZ products can be managed by the central office using a larger SonicWall firewall and GMS.
- High-performance security engine.
- Advanced IPSec and SSL VPN.
- Streamlined GUI and advanced management.
- Content/URL filtering.
- Intrusion prevention.
- Gateway anti-virus and anti-spyware.
- SonicWall Mobile Connect app.
- Wireless network security.
Firewall Product Features
Warranty & Support
|Operating system||SonicOS 6.x|
|Security processing cores||4|
|Interfaces||7x1Gbe, 2 USB, 1 Console|
|Single Sign On (SSO) Users||500|
|Access points supported (max)||16|
|Firewall inspection throughput1||1,300 Mbps|
|Threat Prevention throughput2 (Max Security)||300 Mbps|
|Threat Prevention throughput2,6 (Performance Optimized)||600 Mbps|
|Application inspection throughput2||900 Mbps|
|IPS throughput2||900 Mbps|
|Anti-malware inspection throughput2||300 Mbps|
|IMIX throughput3||500 Mbps|
|TLS/SSL inspection and decryption throughput (DPI SSL)2||100 Mbps|
|IPSec VPN throughput3||900 Mbps|
|Connections per second||6,000|
|Maximum connections (SPI)||100,000|
|Maximum connections (DPI)||90,000|
|Maximum connections (DPI SSL)||500|
|Site-to-site VPN tunnels||20|
|IPSec VPN clients (maximum)||2 (25)|
|SSL VPN licenses (maximum)||2 (10)|
|Virtual assist bundled (maximum)||1 (30-day trial)|
|Encryption/authentication||DES, 3DES, AES (128, 192, 256-bit), MD5, SHA-1, Suite B Cryptography|
|Key exchange||Diffie Hellman Groups 1, 2, 5, 14|
|Route-based VPN||RIP, OSPF|
|Certificate support||Verisign, Thawte, Cybertrust, RSA Keon, Entrust and Microsoft CA for Dell SonicWALL-to-Dell SonicWALL VPN, SCEP|
|VPN features||Dead Peer Detection, DHCP Over VPN, IPSec NAT Traversal, Redundant VPN Gateway, Route-based VPN|
|Global VPN client platforms supported||Microsoft® Windows Vista 32/64-bit, Windows 7 32/64-bit, Windows 8.0 32/64-bit, Windows 8.1 32/64-bit|
|NetExtender||Microsoft Windows Vista 32/64-bit, Windows 7, Windows 8.0 32/64-bit, Windows 8.1 32/64-bit, Mac OS X 10.4+, Linux FC3+/Ubuntu 7+/OpenSUSE|
|Mobile Connect||Apple® iOS, Mac OS X, Google® Android™, Kindle Fire, Windows 8.1 (Embedded)|
|Deep Packet Inspection services||Gateway Anti-Virus, Anti-Spyware, Intrusion Prevention, DPI SSL|
|Content Filtering Service (CFS)||HTTP URL, HTTPS IP, keyword and content scanning, Comprehensive filtering based on file types such as ActiveX, Java, Cookies for privacy, allow/forbid lists|
|Comprehensive Anti-Spam Service||Supported|
|Capture Advanced Threat Protection||Yes|
|IP address assignment||Static, (DHCP, PPPoE, L2TP and PPTP client), Internal DHCP server, DHCP relay|
|NAT modes||1:1, 1:many, many:1, many:many, flexible NAT (overlapping IPs), PAT, transparent mode|
|Routing protocols4||BGP4, OSPF, RIPv1/v2, static routes, policy-based routing, multicast|
|QoS||Bandwidth priority, max bandwidth, guaranteed bandwidth, DSCP marking, 802.1e (WMM)|
|Authentication||LDAP (multiple domains), XAUTH/RADIUS, SSO, Novell, internal user database, Terminal Services, Citrix|
|Local user database||150|
|VoIP||Full H.323v1-5, SIP|
|Standards||TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, HTTP, HTTPS, IPSec, ISAKMP/IKE, SNMP, DHCP, PPPoE, L2TP, PPTP, RADIUS, IEEE 802.3|
|Certifications||FIPS 140-2 (with Suite B) Level 2, UC APL, VPNC, IPv6 (Phase 2), ICSA Network Fir ewall, ICSA Anti-virus|
|Certifications pending||Common Criteria NDPP|
|Common Access Card (CAC)||Supported|
|Power supply (W)||24W external|
|Maximum power consumption (W)||9.2 / 13.8|
|Input power||100 to 240 VAC, 50-60 Hz, 1 A|
|Total heat dissipation||31.3 / 47.1 BTU|
|Weight||0.73 kg / 1.61 lbs
0.84 kg / 1.85 lbs
|WEEE weight||1.15 kg / 2.53 lbs
1.26 kg / 2.78 lbs
|Shipping weight||1.37 kg / 3.02 lbs
1.48 kg / 3.26 lbs
|Environment||32°-105° F (0°-40° C)/-40° to 158° F (-40° to 70° C)|
|Regulatory Model (Wired)||APL28-0B4|
|Major regulatory compliance (Wired Models)||FCC Class B, ICES Class B, CE (EMC, LVD, RoHS), C-Tick, VCCI Class B, UL, cUL, TUV/GS, CB, Mexico CoC by UL, WEEE , REACH, KCC/MSIP|
|Regulatory Model (Wireless)||APL28-0B5|
|Major regulatory compliance (Wireless Models)||FCC Class B, FCC RF ICES Class B, IC RF CE (R&TTE, EMC, LVD, RoHS), RCM, VCCI Class B, MIC/TELEC, UL, cUL, TUV/GS, CB, Mexico CoC by UL, WEEE , REACH|
|Standards||802.11a/b/g/n/ac (WEP, WPA, WPA2, 802.11i, TKIP, PSK,02.1x, EAP-PEAP, EAP-TTLS|
|Frequency bands5||802.11a: 5.180-5.825 GHz; 802.11b/g: 2.412-2.472 GHz; 802.11n: 2.412-2.472 GHz, 5.180-5.825 GHz; 802.11ac: 2.412- 2.472 GHz, 5.180-5.825 GHz|
|Operating Channels||802.11a: US and Canada 12, Europe 11, Japan 4, Singapore 4, Taiwan 4; 802.11b/g: US and Canada 1-11, Europe 1-13, Japan 1-14 (14-802.11b only); 802.11n (2.4 GHz): US and Canada 1-11, Europe 1-13, Japan 1-13; 802.11n (5 GHz): US and Canada 36-48/149-165, Europe 36-48, Japan 36-48, Spain 36-48/52-64; 802.11ac: US and Canada 36-48/149-165, Europe 36-48, Japan 36-48, Spain 36-48/52-64|
|Transmit output power||Based on the regulatory domain specified by the system administrator|
|Transmit power control||Supported|
|Data rates supported||802.11a: 6, 9, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48, 54 Mbps per channel; 802.11b: 1, 2, 5.5, 11 Mbps per channel; 802.11g: 6, 9, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48, 54 Mbps per channel; 802.11n: 7.2, 14.4, 21.7, 28.9, 43.3, 57.8, 65, 72.2, 15,30, 45, 60, 90, 120, 135, 150 Mbps per channel; 802.11ac: 7.2, 14.4, 21.7, 28.9, 43.3, 57.8, 65, 72.2, 86.7, 96.3, 15, 30, 45, 60, 90, 120, 135, 150, 180, 200, 32.5, 65, 97.5, 130, 195, 260, 292.5, 325, 390, 433.3, 65, 130, 195, 260, 390, 520, 585, 650, 780, 866.7 Mbps per channel|
|Modulation technology spectrum||802.11a: Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing (OFDM); 802.11b: Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum (DSSS); 802.11g: Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing (OFDM)/Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum (DSSS); 802.11n: Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing (OFDM); 802.11ac: Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing (OFDM)|
- Testing Methodologies: Maximum performance based on RFC 2544 (for firewall). Actual performance may vary depending on network conditions and activated services.
- Threat Prevention/GatewayAV/Anti-Spyware/IPS throughput measured using industry standard Spirent WebAvalanche HTTP performance test and Ixia test tools. Testing done with multiple flows through multiple port pairs. Threat Prevention throughput measured with Gateway AV, Anti-Spyware, IPS and Application Control enabled.
- VPN throughput measured using UDP traffic at 1280 byte packet size adhering to RFC 2544. All specifications, features and availability are subject to change.
- BGP is available only on SonicWall TZ400, TZ500 and TZ600.
- All TZ integrated wireless models can support either 2.4GHz or 5GHz band. For dual-band support, please use SonicWall's wireless access points products (SonicPoints)
- Performance optimized mode can provide significant increases in performance without major impact to threat prevention efficacy.
- Gateway Anti-Virus, Anti-Spyware, Intrusion Prevention and Application Intelligence and Control Service subscription
- Content Filtering Service subscription
- 24x7 Support subscription
At a glance
Gateway Anti-Virus, Anti-Spyware and Intrusion Prevention, Application Intelligence and Control Service
- Real-time gateway anti-virus engine that scans for viruses, worms, Trojans and other Internet threats in real-time.
- Dynamic spyware protection blocks the installation of malicious spyware and disrupts existing spyware communications.
- Powerful intrusion prevention protects against an array of network-based threats such as worms, Trojans and other malicious code.
- Application intelligence and control provides application classification and policy enforcement.
- Dynamically updated signature database for continuous threat protection.
Content Filtering Service (CFS)
- Comprehensive content filtering provides control of internal access to inappropriate, unproductive and potentially illegal web content.
- Website ratings cached locally on SonicWall firewalls make response time to frequently visited sites virtually instantaneous.
- Dynamically updated rating architecture cross-references all requested websites against a database in the cloud containing millions of URLs, IP addresses and domains and then compares each rating to the local policy setting.
- Software and firmware updates and upgrades maintain network security to keep your solution as good as new.
- Around-the-clock access to chat, telephone, email and web-based support for basic configuration and troubleshooting assistance.
- Advance Exchange hardware replacement in the event of failure.
- Annual subscription to SonicWall’s Service Bulletins and access to electronic support tools and moderated discussion groups.
- SonicWall TZ400 [01-SSC-0213] £711.00
- SonicWall TZ400 TotalSecure - Advanced Edition (1 Year) [01-SSC-1705] £1109.00
- SonicWall TZ400 Wireless-AC [01-SSC-0503] £824.00
- SonicWall TZ400 Wireless-AC TotalSecure - Advanced Edition (1 Year) [01-SSC-1707] £1259.00
- SonicWall TZ400 Secure Upgrade Plus - Advanced Edition (2 Years) [01-SSC-1740] £1109.00
- SonicWall TZ400 Secure Upgrade Plus - Advanced Edition (3 Years) [01-SSC-1741] £1524.00
- SonicWall TZ400 Wireless-AC Secure Upgrade Plus - Advanced Edition (2 Years) [01-SSC-1754] £1259.00
- SonicWall TZ400 Wireless-AC Secure Upgrade Plus - Advanced Edition (3 Years) [01-SSC-1755] £1674.00
No posts found
1. SonicWall support subscriptions & renewals
- SonicWall Standard Support for TZ400 Series (1 Year) [01-SSC-0546] £128.00
- SonicWall 24x7 Support for TZ400 Series (1 Year) [01-SSC-0552] £184.00
2. SonicWall security subscriptions & renewals
- Content Filtering Service Premium Business Edition for SonicWall TZ400 Series (1 Year) [01-SSC-0540] £213.00
- Gateway Anti-Malware and Intrusion Prevention for SonicWall TZ400 Series (1 Year) [01-SSC-0534] £234.00
- Comprehensive Anti-Spam Service for SonicWall TZ400 Series (1 Year) [01-SSC-0561] £305.00
3. SonicWall remote access client licences
4. SonicWall add-ons & replacements
- SonicWall SonicPoint N2 With PoE Injector, Inc. 24x7 Support (1 Year) [01-SSC-0889] £203.00
- SonicWall SonicPoint ACe With PoE Injector, Inc. 24x7 Support (1 Year) [01-SSC-0883] £327.00
5. SonicWall centralised management & reporting
- SonicWall GMS 5 Node Software Upgrade [01-SSC-3350] £937.00